Tuesday 5 January 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Cole and Jean-Pierre Aumont Paris France actor (Count of Monte Cristo.
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1909 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Stephen Cole: Kleene mathematician (Regular Expressions).
- Jean-Pierre Aumont Paris France actor (Count of Monte Cristo: Cat and Mouse, Happy Hooker).
- Simon Harcourt: Nowell-Smith bibliophile.
- Lucienne Bloch: Swiss-born American sculptor, muralist, photographer (d. 1995).
- Stephen Kleene: American mathematician and computer scientist (d. 1994).
- Colombia recognizes the independence of Panama.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good Evening, Caroline - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?