Tuesday 5 January 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Aumont Paris France actor (Count of Monte Cristo and Stephen Cole.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1909 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Stephen Cole: Kleene mathematician (Regular Expressions).
- Jean-Pierre Aumont Paris France actor (Count of Monte Cristo: Cat and Mouse, Happy Hooker).
- Simon Harcourt: Nowell-Smith bibliophile.
- Lucienne Bloch: Swiss-born American sculptor, muralist, photographer (d. 1995).
- Stephen Kleene: American mathematician and computer scientist (d. 1994).
- Colombia recognizes the independence of Panama.