Wednesday 13 January 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 13, 1909). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Olin C Wilson and Quentin Jackson.
The Old Curiosity Shop, directed by Warwich Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1909 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Olin C Wilson
- Quentin Jackson: American jazz musician.
- Marinus Lubbe: Dutch labourer, radical activist and communist.
- Danny Barker: jazz guitarist.
- Helm Glöckler: German race car driver (d. 1993).
- Marinus van der Lubbe: Dutch communist accused of setting the Reichstag fire (Born 1909).
- Olin Wilson: American astronomer best known for his work as a stellar spectroscopist.