Saturday 2 January 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rene Etiemble and Barry Goldwater.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1909 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Rene Etiemble: French literature historian (Parlez-vous Franglais).
- Barry Goldwater: American politician, a U.S.
- Fred Orain: Donnemain EXecutives.
- Riccardo Cassin: Italian mountaineer and author (d. 2009).
- 1st official Dutch 11 city skate (Minne Hoekstra in 13:50)