Saturday 2 January 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 2, 1909). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rene Etiemble and Barry Goldwater.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1909 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Rene Etiemble: French literature historian (Parlez-vous Franglais).
- Barry Goldwater: American politician, a U.S.
- Fred Orain: Donnemain EXecutives.
- Riccardo Cassin: Italian mountaineer and author (d. 2009).
- 1st official Dutch 11 city skate (Minne Hoekstra in 13:50)