Saturday January 09, 1909
US date format: 1/9/1909, UK date format: 9/1/1909
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 9, 1909). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Danielle Casanova and John Richard Simplot.
David and Goliath, directed by Ferdinando Baldi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 09, 1909?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- See more
- Ernest Shackleton, leading the Nimrod Expedition to the South Pole, plants the British flag 97 nautical miles (180 km; 112 mi) from the South Pole, the furthest anyone had ever reached at that time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 09, 1909?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr - If You'll Remember Me