Sunday 3 January 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Victor Borge and Georges Bergé.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1909 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Victor Borge: Danish-American pianist, humorist actor, composer, writer and director, one of the most popular entertainers in theater history.
- Georges Bergé: French Army general who served during World War II, and one of the co-founders of the Special Air Service (SAS).