Sunday 3 January 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Bergé and Victor Borge.
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Lure of the Mask by Harold MacGrath was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1909 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Georges Bergé: French Army general who served during World War II, and one of the co-founders of the Special Air Service (SAS).
- Victor Borge: Danish-American pianist, humorist actor, composer, writer and director, one of the most popular entertainers in theater history.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good Evening, Caroline - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?