Tuesday January 08, 2019
US date format: 1/8/2019, UK date format: 8/1/2019
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 8, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Kung Fu Masters 3, directed by Chi Tian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Verses for the Dead by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching American Style.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 08, 2019?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Syrian Civil War: The military police of Russia says that it has started patrolling the area surrounding Manbij. (TASS)The U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces say that they captured five foreign nationals who fought for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Two are reportedly from the United States, two from Pakistan and one from Ireland. (BBC)
- The military police of Russia says that it has started patrolling the area surrounding Manbij. (TASS)
- The U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces say that they captured five foreign nationals who fought for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Two are reportedly from the United States, two from Pakistan and one from Ireland. (BBC)
- A bankruptcy judge grants Sears Chairman Eddie Lampert another chance to buy Sears and save it from liquidation. (CNBC)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Anchors Scramble to Fact-Check Trump After Prime-Time Address A flurry of real-time analysis from on-air journalists followed the Oval Office speech on border security, which pre-empted regular programming. [..]
- Carlos Ghosn, Emerging in Public, Lays Out His Defense The embattled former Nissan chief, who could remain in a Tokyo jail for months, says his actions were approved by other executives and directors. [..]
- See all financial news of January 08, 2019
- 1 CAD = 0.7368 CHF