Friday 8 June 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maudelle Tooks and Kat[i]e [Gertrude] Wilhelm.
The Tenderfoot, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1928 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Maudelle Tooks: American gifted psychic who has been receiving messages from the spirits since she was about eight years old.
- Jiri Dvoracek: Composer.
- Kat[i]e [Gertrude] Wilhelm: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Hamlet Trap).
- Mary Parker: American Mensan, a pharmacist who owned and operated her own drugstore along with her husband, Web.
- Kate Wilhelm: American sci-fi author, novelist, and short-story writer.
- 1st US-to-Australia flight lands (Sir Charles Kingford)
- First US-to-Australia flight lands (Sir Charles Kingford).
- Second Northern Expedition: The National Revolutionary Army captures Peking, whose name is changed to Beijing.
- By seizing Beijing and renaming it Běipíng, the NRA puts an end to the Fengtian warlords' Běiyáng government there.