Wednesday 8 September 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clayton Norcross and Mark Lindsay Chapman.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Fall Of A Titan by Igor Gouzenko was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Familie Schölermann.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1954 ?
- Clayton Norcross: Actor (Bold and the Beautiful, Colbys, Santa Barbara).
- Mark Lindsay Chapman: English film and television actor.
- Giorgos Toussas: Greek politician.
- Mark Foley: American politician, a US Representative from Florida who resigned from his elected position on September 29, 2006 amidst allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior toward children.
- Pascal Greggory: French actor, in film TV and theatre.
- Michael Shermer: American writer and educator, a prolific author and head of the Skeptic Society (www.skeptic.com). He lectures internationally when not at his university teaching post, Assistant Professor of History of Science at the Institute for Human Progress. He taught psychology and the history of science for 11 years at Glendale College, and occasionally teaches the history of science and culture at Occidental College.
- Ruby Bridges: Civil Rights Leader
- Mark Chapman: English actor singer and producer
- Anne Diamond: English television presenter
- Edgar Mortiz: Filipino actor and director
- Jon Scieszka: American author and educator
- Alan Freed leaves Cleveland to NYC for WINS radio
- SE Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) forms to stop communist spread in SE Asia
- The Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?