Tuesday 8 October 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Kucinich and Sarah Purcell.
The Jolson Story, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Faraway Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 October 1946 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Dennis Kucinich: American politician.
- Sarah Purcell: American actress and TV hostess.
- Jean-Jacques Beineix: French film director of what came to be called the 'cinéma du look' which included the films of Luc Besson and Léos Carax.
- Hanan Ashrawi: Palestinian scholar activist and politician.
- Bel Mooney: English journalist and author.
- Jon Ekerold: South African motorcycle racer.
- Aleksandr Gorshlov: ice dancer (holds six titles).
- Geoff Vanderstock: American track & field champion.
- Kwo-less-shrew selects General Chiang Kai-shek as President of China
- Military plane crashes at Christian HBS, 24 die
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?