Sunday 9 August 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ludo Peeters and Jean Tirole.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Cruel Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Rommel Papers by B.H. Liddell Hart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Quatermass Experiment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1953!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 August 1953 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Ludo Peeters
- Jean Tirole: French professor of economics, he received the Nobel prize in 2014.
- Edgar Givry
- Kay Stenshjemmet: Norwegian speed skater.
- Roberta Tovey: English actress and singer.
- Premier Mohammed Abdullah of Kashmir, fired
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?