Sunday 9 August 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ludo Peeters and Jean Tirole.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Roman Holiday, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1953 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Ludo Peeters
- Jean Tirole: French professor of economics, he received the Nobel prize in 2014.
- Edgar Givry
- Kay Stenshjemmet: Norwegian speed skater.
- Roberta Tovey: English actress and singer.
- Premier Mohammed Abdullah of Kashmir, fired
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?