Thursday 9 August 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1951). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Quelch and James Naughtie.
The Tall Target, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Manhunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1951
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1951 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- John Quelch: Educator.
- James Naughtie: Scottish journalist and radio host.
- Steve Swisher: American baseball player and manager.
- Dutch Korea volunteers win US Collective Unit Citation
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?