Thursday 9 January 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Baez and Terry Hands.
The Reluctant Dragon, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 1941 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Joan Baez: American singer and recording artist, the daughter of a Mexican physicist.
- Terry Hands
- Susannah York: London, England -- Actress (A Man for All Seasons, Tom Jones).
- Joan Baez in Staten Island: New York, USA; folk singer/human rights advocate.
- Gilles Vaillancourt: Canadian politician.
- Ko Boezeman: Dutch resistance fighter, dies.
- 6,000 Jews exterminated in pogrom in Bucharest Romania.
- World War II: The Greek Triton (Y-5) sinks the Italian submarine Neghelli in Otranto.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?