Tuesday 9 January 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Halliburton and Joseph Frederick.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1900
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1900 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Richard Halliburton: American writer, adventurer, explorer and homosexual.
- Joseph Frederick: Wagner composer.
- Maria of Romania: Queen Consort of Yugoslavia (d. 1961).
- The first through passenger train goes from Cairo to Khartoum.
- The U.S. Senate accepts the British-German treaty of 1899, in which the United Kingdom renounced its claims to the American Samoa portion of the Samoan Islands.