Tuesday 9 January 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Halliburton and Joseph Frederick.
Trial Run of the Battleship 'Alabama', directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Eben Holden by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1900 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Richard Halliburton: American writer, adventurer, explorer and homosexual.
- Joseph Frederick: Wagner composer.
- Maria of Romania: Queen Consort of Yugoslavia (d. 1961).
- The first through passenger train goes from Cairo to Khartoum.
- The U.S. Senate accepts the British-German treaty of 1899, in which the United Kingdom renounced its claims to the American Samoa portion of the Samoan Islands.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?