Tuesday January 09, 1900
US date format: 1/9/1900, UK date format: 9/1/1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see zodiac on January 9, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Richard Halliburton and Joseph Frederick.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 09, 1900?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- See more
- The first through passenger train goes from Cairo to Khartoum.
- The U.S. Senate accepts the British-German treaty of 1899, in which the United Kingdom renounced its claims to the American Samoa portion of the Samoan Islands.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 09, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on January 09, 1900?
On January 09, 1900 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is January 09, 1900?
On January 09, 1900 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on January 09, 1900?
On January 09, 1900 the US President was William McKinley (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on January 09, 1900?
On January 09, 1900 the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on January 09, 1900?
On January 09, 1900 Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on January 09, 1900?
On January 09, 1900 several famous people were born including, Richard Halliburton, Joseph Frederick, Maria of Romania.