Monday 9 December 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Mermoz and Ödon Horvath.
The Artist's Dilemma, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1901!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1901 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Jean Mermoz: French pioneering aviator, viewed as a hero in both Argentina and France, where many schools bear his name.
- Odon von Horvath: Hungarian-born writer (d. 1938).
- Ödon Horvath: Yugoslavian/austrian writer, playwright, philosopher, critic.
- Carol Dempster: Actress (Sally of Sawdust, America), dies at 89.
- Ödön von Horváth: Hungarian-German author and playwright (d. 1938).