Thursday 9 January 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Meredith .
Little Women, directed by Harley Knoles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1919 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Friedrich Ebert orders the Freikorps into action in Berlin.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They'll Be Mighty Proud in Dixie of Their Old Black Joe - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Beautiful Ohio - Prince's Orchestra
- Al Jolson - Tell That to the Marines