Friday 9 January 1903
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hem Vejakorn and Jean-Marie Querville.
Ingenious Soubrette, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1903!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1903 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Hem Vejakorn: Thai illustrator (d. 1969).
- Jean-Marie Querville: French admiral in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- 2 NYers buy Baltimore baseball franchise for $18,000 and moved it to New York
- Frank Farrell and Bill Devery purchase American League Baltimore franchise for $18,000 and move it to New York City, New York (New York Yankees).
- Wind Cave National Park, South Dakota established.
- Hallam Tennyson, 2nd Baron Tennyson, son of the famous poet Alfred Tennyson, becomes the second Governor-General of Australia.