Friday 9 January 1903
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hem Vejakorn and Jean-Marie Querville.
Electrocuting an Elephant, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1903!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1903 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Hem Vejakorn: Thai illustrator (d. 1969).
- Jean-Marie Querville: French admiral in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- 2 NYers buy Baltimore baseball franchise for $18,000 and moved it to New York
- Frank Farrell and Bill Devery purchase American League Baltimore franchise for $18,000 and move it to New York City, New York (New York Yankees).
- Wind Cave National Park, South Dakota established.
- Hallam Tennyson, 2nd Baron Tennyson, son of the famous poet Alfred Tennyson, becomes the second Governor-General of Australia.