Saturday 9 December 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Morton Downey Jr and Orville Moody in Chickasha.
Sagebrush Trail, directed by Armand Schaefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1933 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Morton Downey Jr: American talk show host (d. 2001).
- Orville Moody in Chickasha: Oklahoma, USA; PGA golfer (1969 US Open).
- Ashleigh Brilliant: American cartoon artist.
- Milt Campbell: American decathlon champion, Olympic track & field gold medal winner.
- Morton Downey: Jr.
- Monique Miller: French Canadian actress
- Orville Moody: American sergeant and golfer (d. 2008)
- Martin Puhvel: Estonian-Canadian philologist and academic
- 21st CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Argonauts defeats Sarnia Imperials, 4-3
- Romania disallows fascist Iron Guard.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 December 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1933 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Ain't Cha Glad? - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Jack Teagarden)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?