Tuesday 9 January 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anais Lee .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hitman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 4x4 Hummer or Bus Driver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 9 January 2007 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- U.S. planes conduct air strikes in Somalia against suspected terrorists.
- Apple Inc's CEO and founder, Steve Jobs announces the first generation iPhone, the iPhone 2G
- YouTube is unblocked in Brazil as a São Paulo state court revises its ruling for Daniela Cicarelli video clips. (Reuters)
- North Korea and weapons of mass destruction:
- A top U.S. general says that he believes North Korea may conduct another nuclear test in the future. (AP via ABC News)
- Mohammad Tavakoli, an Iranian legislator, announces the arrest of an alleged spy and suspected member of the Mujahedin-e Khalq. Tavakoli said the man leaked information about Iran's nuclear program. (RFE/RL)
- Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev nominates Deputy Prime Minister Karim Masimov for Prime Minister. The Parliament will convene on 10 January to vote on the nomination. (UPI)
- The ÖVP, the future minority partner in the grand coalition government that will be sworn in in Austria on 2007-01-11, announces its future ministers. (IHT)
- The European Parliament undergoes mid-term changes in advance of its first 2007 session:
- Far right parliamentarians increase their influence within the European Parliament by founding a new transnational caucus. (EUObserver)
- Alsatian farmer Joseph Daul, an MEP from France's UMP party, is elected chairman of the largest caucus in the European Parliament, EPP–ED. He succeeds Hans-Gert Pöttering, widely anticipated to be elected President of the European Parliament next week. (EUX.TV)
- CIA Kidnap case: Hearings begin in Italy on whether to charge 25 CIA agents with kidnapping for the ampquotextraordinary renditionampquot of Osama Nasr in 2003. The named agents have left the country. (BBC News)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 January 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
- Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This
- T2 featuring Jodie Aysha - Heartbroken
- Eric Prydz vs Floyd - Proper Education
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Take That - Rule The World
- Take That - Patience
- Timbaland featuring One Republic - Apologize
- U2 - Window In The Skies
- Just Jack - Starz In Their Eyes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?