Monday 9 March 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taina Elg and Roderick Hills.
Dishonored, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while A White Bird Flying by Bess Streeter Aldrich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1931 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Taina Elg: Helsinki, Finland -- Actress (Hercules in NY, Les Girls).
- Roderick Hills: American lawyer, government official.
- Gilles Perrault: French lawyer, writer and journalist.
- Thore Skogman: Swedish actor and singer (d. 2007).
- Sam Williams: American football player (d. 2013).
- Ida B Wells-Barnett: Famous black, dies in Chicago at 78.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1931?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?