Thursday 12 March 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey de and William "Buckwheat" Thomas.
The Front Page, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while A White Bird Flying by Bess Streeter Aldrich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 March 1931 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- William "Buckwheat" Thomas: Actor (Little Rascals).
- Geoffrey de: Bellaigue; director (Royal Collection).
- Billie ''Buckwheat'' Thomas: American actor (d. 1980).
- Knut Bohwim: Norwegian actor, executive producer, and director.
- Michel Clavel: French boxer, 1953-1958.
- Henry's : French acrobat, tight-rope walker and jongleur.
- Robert Oakley: American diplomat whose 34-year career (1957–1991) as a Foreign Service Officer included appointments as United States Ambassador to Zaire, Somalia, and Pakistan and, in the early 1990s, as a special envoy during the American involvement in Somalia.
- Herb Kelleher: American businessman co-founded Southwest Airlines.
- Billie Thomas: American actor (d. 1980).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1931?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?