Sunday 29 March 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evelyn de Rothschild and Lord Tebbit.
The Bad Sister, directed by Hobart Henley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1931 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Evelyn de Rothschild: English banker / multi-millionaire.
- Lord Tebbit: British CH.
- Sylvia Law: British town planner.
- James Weatherhead: moderator (General Assembly of Church of Scotland).
- Paolo Gucci: Italian noted family, the grandson of Guccio Gucci, founder of a fashion empire.
- Ștefan Andrei: Romanian politician 87th Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2014)
- Sopubek Begaliev: Soviet-era economist and politician (Born 1931)
- Aleksei Gubarev: Russian general pilot and astronaut (d. 2015)
- Norman Tebbit: English journalist and politician Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?