Sunday 15 March 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Marchibroda and James Ellis.
Mary, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1931 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Ted Marchibroda: American football player, the one-time head coach of the Baltimore Ravens.
- James Ellis: Northern Irish actor (d. 2014).
- DJ Fontana: American drummer (The Blue Moon Boys).
- David Hayes: American sculptor and academic (d. 2013).
- Richard Wirthlin: American political strategist for Ronald Reagan.
- SS Viking explodes off Newfoundland, killing 27 of the 147 on board.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?