Monday 23 March 1931US date format: 3/23/1931, UK date format: 23/3/1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 23, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Viktor Korchnoi and Patricia Norris.
A Connecticut Yankee, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1931 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Viktor Korchnoi: Russian chess player and author.
- Patricia Norris: Designer.
- Burton Richter: Scientist.
- Yevgenij Grishin: Russian speed skater (d. 2005).
- William Shatner: Actor.
- Yevgeny Grishin: Russian speed skater (d. 2005).
- Yevdokiya Mekshilo: Russian skier (d. 2013).
- Norman F Lent American politician (Representative-Republican-New York: 1971-).