Monday March 23, 1931
US date format: 3/23/1931, UK date format: 23/3/1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 23, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Ramsay MacDonald (Labour), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Viktor Korchnoi and Norman F Lent American politician (Representative-Republican-New York.
A Connecticut Yankee, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 23, 1931?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- See more
- Viktor Korchnoi: Russian chess player and author.
- Norman F Lent American politician (Representative-Republican-New York: 1971-).
- Yevgeny Grishin: Russian speed skater (d. 2005).
- Yevdokiya Mekshilo: Russian skier (d. 2013).
- See more