Friday 20 March 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 20, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Montgomery and Antonio Tauriello.
Clearing the Range, directed by Otto Brower, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 March 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1931 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Antonio Tauriello: Composer.
- David Montgomery: Chairman (British Forestry Commission).
- John Rae: British educator (Conscience & Politics).
- Hal Linden [Harold Lipshitz] in the Bronx: New York, USA; actor (Barney Miller, Blacke's Magic, Rothchild).
- Andrew Craig: American banker and CEO in charge of Boatmen's Bancshares, a solid financial banking institution.
- Jean Zagers: Belgium sport Champion.
- Hal Linden: American actor singer and director.
- Rein Raamat: Estonian director and screenwriter.
- Hermann Muller: American geneticist and biologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1967).
- Bishop Schreiber warns against national-socialism in Berlin.