Saturday 14 March 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giorgio Forattini and Guido Angeli.
Mary, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 March 1931 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Giorgio Forattini
- Guido Angeli: Italian dance hall director.
- Bob Goalby golfer (British Open-1968: Canadian Open-1968, New Zealand-1970).
- Georgio Forattini: Italian journalist, graphic artist and publicist.
- Andre Marty: Italy sport Champion.
- Cleto Maule: Italy sport Champion.
- Claude Teisseire: Italy sport Champion.
- Phil Phillips: [Baptiste]; rock vocalist ("Sea Of Love").
- 1st theater built for rear movie projection (NYC)
- First theater built for rear movie projection (New York City, New York).
- Alam Ara, India's first talkie film, is released.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?