Friday 6 March 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carmen Delavallade and John Smith in Los Angeles.
Dishonored, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1931 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Carmen Delavallade: US dancer / singer / actress (Aida).
- John Smith in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Cimarron City, Laramie, Seven Angry Men).
- Carmen De Lavallade: American dancer; from a debut in 1947 she was adept at various dance styles from ballet to modern.
- Carla Lonzi: Italian writer, feminist, art critic.
- Carlo Galli: Italy sport Champion.
- Clayton Pinkerton: San Francisco artists
- John Smith: Los Angeles Actor
- Hal Needham: American actor stuntman director and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- Jimmy Stewart: Scottish racing driver (d. 2008)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?