Monday 14 October 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 14, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Helmut Schelsky .
The Woman in White, directed by Tim Frywell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1912 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Helmut Schelsky: German sociologist (Sociology of Sex).
- Bull Moose Teddy Roosevelt shot while campaigning in Milwaukee.
- While campaigning in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the former President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, is shot and mildly wounded by John Schrank, a mentally-disturbed saloon keeper. With the fresh wound in his chest, and the bullet still within it, Mr. Roosevelt still carries out his scheduled public speech.