Monday 14 October 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Helmut Schelsky .
The Woman in White, directed by Tim Frywell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1912 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Helmut Schelsky: German sociologist (Sociology of Sex).
- Bull Moose Teddy Roosevelt shot while campaigning in Milwaukee.
- While campaigning in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the former President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, is shot and mildly wounded by John Schrank, a mentally-disturbed saloon keeper. With the fresh wound in his chest, and the bullet still within it, Mr. Roosevelt still carries out his scheduled public speech.