Saturday 10 July 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Holder and Andre Dawson in Miami.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Malta Story, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Whistler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1954 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Gene Holder: Rocker.
- Andre Dawson in Miami: Florida, USA; outfielder (Montreal Expos, Chicago Cubs, 1987 National League Most Valuable Player).
- Maryann Crush: American real estate developer, buying her first house at age 21 and continuing to buy property all over her neighborhood until, by 2000, she runs the largest real estate firm in South Boston.
- Errante Serra: Italian journalist, writer and editor.
- Tommy Bowden: American football player and coach.
- Andre Dawson: American baseball player
- Neil Tennant: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Pet Shop Boys and Electronic)
- Calogero Vizzini: Sicilian mafioso (Born 1877).
- Peter Thomson becomes the first Australian to win the British Open Golf Championship.
- The maiden flight of the Boeing 367-80 (or Dash 80), prototype of the Boeing 707 series.
- Juan Fangio, the Argentine driver for German Grand Prix team Mercedes-Benz, makes a new fastest lap of the Silverstone Circuit with an average speed of 100.35nbspmph, the previous record being 100.16nbspmph.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?