Tuesday 10 October 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
The Prestige, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Peter Capusotto y sus videos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Auto Assault or Star Wars: Empire at War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 10 October 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 October
- Scott Ian: American musician, best known as the guitarist, lyricist, backing vocalist, and the only remaining original founding member for the thrash metal band, Anthrax.
- Google buys YouTube for US$1.65 billion.
- The Greek city of Volos floods in one of the prefecture's worst recorded floods.
- A passenger bus plunges into a ravine near the city of Chiantla in northwestern Guatemala, killing 42 people. (BBC)
- BP shuts down the Prudhoe Bay oil fields due to losing power as a result of high winds. (AP via ABC News)
- Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei states that the country would pursue its right to develop nuclear technology and will not suspend uranium enrichment as the West demands, declaring: ampquotOur policy is clear, progress with clear logic and insisting on the nation's right without any retreat.ampquot (Reuters)
- A chartered Atlantic Airways Flight 670 skids off the runway at Stord Airport in Norway, killing four people. (BBC)
- Iraq insurgency
- Iraqi police announce they have found a total of 110 corpses at locations across Baghdad in the previous 48 hours, thought to be more victims of insurgent death squads. In addition, a bomb planted under a car explodes in the city's southern district of Doura, killing 10 people. (Reuters)
- United States military sources state that a total of 30 militants and 4 US soldiers have been killed since the weekend. (Reuters)
- Six people die in a bomb attack on a festival in the town of Makilala in the Philippines. Two others are killed and four injured in a blast at a market in Tacurong, Sultan Kudarat. Officials blame Muslim extremist groups. (CNN)
- A naval base and oil facility in Bayelsa State, Nigeria, are captured by armed attackers who are now thought to be holding 60 people hostage. (CNN)
- Hundreds of thousands of people made a protest against President Chen Shui-bian in Taipei, Taiwan, surrounding Office of the President, where Chen took part in ceremony marking Double Tenth Day. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 October 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?