Sunday 11 April 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Zanello and Abdullah Atalar.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Flying Saucers From Outer Space by Donald Keyhoe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lone Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 April 1954 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Daniel Zanello
- Abdullah Atalar: Turkish scientist and academic.
- Aleksandr Averin: Aleksandr Averin Azerbaijani cyclist and coach.
- Francis Lickerish: English guitarist and composer (The Enid and Secret Green).
- David Perrett: Scottish psychologist and academic.
- Ian Redmond: Malaysian-English biologist and conservationist.
- Willie Royster: American baseball player (d. 2015).
- Attila Sudár: Hungarian water polo player.
- Marlene Bauer wins LPGA New Orleans Golf Open.
- This day was denoted as the most boring day in the 20th century by True Knowledge, an answer engine developed by William Tunstall-Pedoe.ref name=quotboringquot
- Aneurin Bevan resigns from the British Labour Party's ampquotshadow cabinetampquot.
- A Soviet spy ring in Australia is unveiled.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?