Sunday 24 May 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lilli Palmer and Hedley Donovan.
The Fatal Mallet, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1914 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Lilli Palmer: German actress, with numerous awards and two Golden Globe nominations to her credit.
- Hedley Donovan: American journalist and publishing executive, he presided as Editor-in-Chief over the Time, Inc.
- Lilli Palmer [Peiser] Germany: actress (The Gentle Sex, Lotte in Weimar).
- Henri Chaigneau: Marennes EXecutives.
- Clifford Irving: Chairman (Isle of Man Government).
- Giuseppe Valdengo: Italian actor and singer (d. 2007).
- Auguste Lieber: Strasbourg physician.
- George Tabori: writer.
- PFC Levski Sofia is founded at 1st men's school in Sofia (today 22nd gymnasium)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- This is the Life - Peerless Quartet
- If I Had My Way - Peerless Quartet