Friday 11 April 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Riegert in New York City and Michael Hindley.
This Happy Breed, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1947 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Peter Riegert in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Americathon, Animal House, Crossing Delancey).
- Michael Hindley: British Member of European Parliament.
- Lev Bulat: Ukrainian-Russian physicist and academic.
- Uli Edel: German director and screenwriter.
- Frank Mantooth: American pianist and composer (d. 2004).
- Peter Riegert: American actor director and screenwriter
- Meshach Taylor: American actor and singer (d. 2014)
- Michael Wright: Vice-Chancellor (Aston University).
- Louise Peete: American murderer (Born 1880).
- Jackie Robinson becomes 1st black in modern major-league baseball
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Adobe Hacienda - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Heartaches - Harry James & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?