Thursday 11 April 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 11, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sophie Tasma and Jacques Terpant.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Pablo y Carolina, directed by Mauricio de la Serna, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Never So Few by Tom Chamales was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Living It Up.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 April 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1957 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Sophie Tasma
- Jacques Terpant
- John Castellanos: San Diego, California -- Actor (John Silva - Young and the Restless).
- Michael Card: American singer-songwriter guitarist and radio host.
- Richard Sévigny: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Pablo Neruda arrested in Buenos Aires
- Ryan X-13 Vertijet becomes first jet to take-off and land vertically.
- United Kingdom agrees to Singaporean self-rule.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?