Friday 12 April 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 12, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vince Gill and Mark Kennedy.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Pablo y Carolina, directed by Mauricio de la Serna, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Wapshot Chronicle by John Cheever was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 April 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1957 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Vince Gill: American musician.
- Mark Kennedy: Politician.
- Greg Child: Australian mountaineer and author.
- Tama Janowitz: American novelist and short story writer.
- Jim Spalding sets a 2088-pin nine-game bowling record.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?