Sunday 28 April 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gabrielle Lazure and Léopold Eyharts.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Something of Value, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Black Obelisk by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1957 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Gabrielle Lazure: Canadian actress who has appeared in more than sixty films since 1981.
- Léopold Eyharts
- Eric Bristow: Celebrity.
- Leopold Eyharts: France -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-26, TM-28 / 27).
- Wilma Landkroon: Dutch singer.
- Heinz ''Pritzl'' Bar: German fighter pilot (Born 1913).
- WSOC TV channel 9 in Charlotte, NC (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Western Golf Open.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?