Wednesday 17 April 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Afrika Bambaataa and Zinedine Soualem.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
The Curse of Frankenstein, directed by Terence Fisher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Bridge At Andau by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1957 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Afrika Bambaataa
- Zinedine Soualem
- Nick Hornby: English author and screenwriter.
- Teri Austin: Canadian actress.
- Susan Roman: Canadian voice actress.
- Julia Macur: English lawyer and judge.
- Dwane Casey: Coach.
- Byron Cherry: Atlanta, Georgia -- Actor (Coy-Dukes of Hazzard).
- Suspected serial killer John Bodkin Adams is found not guilty of murder at the Old Bailey.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?