Thursday 25 April 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Bristow and Eric Bristow [Crafty Cockney].
In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Desk Set, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Stay Alive All Your Life by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Men, Women and Clothes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 April 1957 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Eric Bristow: British darts player who was the world's professional darts champ in 1980, 1981, 1984, 1985 and 1986.
- Eric Bristow [Crafty Cockney]: England, United Kingdom -- Dart thrower (5 World Masters).
- Ellen Simon: The daughter of Neil Simon.
- Theo de Rooij: Dutch cyclist and manager.
- 1st experimental sodium nuclear reactor operated
- WUHY TV channel 35 in Philadelphia, PA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Ibrahim Hashim forms Jordanian government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?