Sunday 11 August 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Stuart Donaldson and Arthur Cores.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Angels, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The New Adventures of Charlie Chan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1957 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Ian Stuart Donaldson: British singer (Skrewdriver) (d. 1993).
- Arthur Cores: American entrepreneur and restaurateur he is the co-founder of Boston Market, a US food and restaurant chain.
- Inès De la Fressange: French model, designer of fashion and perfumes and boutique owner.
- Ian Donaldson: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Skrewdriver) (d. 1993).
- Richie Ramone: American drummer and songwriter (Ramones).
- Patty Berg wins LPGA All-American Golf Open
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 August 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?