Thursday 11 December 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Marais and Carlo Ponti.
Atlantis, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1913 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Jean Marais: French actor with rugged handsome features who often played athletic roles and became one of France's most durable screen heroes from his 1941 debut in "Le Pavilllon Brule.
- Carlo Ponti: Milan, Italy -- Married to Sophia Loren / director (2 Women).
- Jean Marais Cherbourgh France actor (Eternal Return: Beauty and the Beast, The Storm Within, Donkey Skin, Orpheus, Stealing Beauty - 1996).
- Morton Gould: Musician.
- Rene Bazennerye: France sport Champion.