Saturday 6 December 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eleanor Holm New York City and de Witasse.
The Sea Wolf, directed by Hobart Bosworth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Judgment House by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1913 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Eleanor Holm New York City: New York, 100 metre backstroke swimmer (Olympics-gold-1932).
- de Witasse: Rousies Military man.
- Karl Haas: German-American pianist conductor and radio host (d. 2005).
- Eleanor Holm: American swimmer and actress (d. 2004).
- John Mikaelsson: Swedish race walker (d. 1987).
- White Sox beat Giants 9-4 in exhibition game in Tokyo
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sailing Down the Chesapeake Bay - American Quartet
- On the Old Front Porch - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?