Wednesday 24 December 1913, Christmas Eve
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Michael and Henri Lacombe.
A Lady of Quality, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Heart of the Hills by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1913 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Karl Michael: Komma composer.
- Henri Lacombe: French marine scientist, considered the "Father of Physical Oceanography" in France.
- de Guerre: Remiremont Military man.
- Ad Reinhardt: American painter and academic (d. 1967).
- In the Italian Hall Disaster, seventy-three men, women, and children are trampled to death when someone falsely yells quotfirequot at a crowded Christmas party.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Come on Over Here - Billy Murray & Helen Clark
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?