Thursday 25 December 1913, Christmas
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Martin and Henri Nannen.
El caballero Casarroja, directed by Jos de Togores, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1913 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Tony Martin: American singer, a top cabaret performer known as the "man with the golden voice.
- Henri Nannen: German publisher and editor-in-chief of Stern magazine from 1948.
- Michel Jacques: Nancy physician.
- Candy Candido: American singer bass player and voice actor (d. 1999).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Come on Over Here - Billy Murray & Helen Clark
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?