Tuesday 23 December 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leo A and Hans Henkemans.
Claudine, directed by John Berry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1913 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Leo A: Ketelaars Dutch oratorio vocalist.
- Hans Henkemans: Dutch pianist, teacher, composer of classical music and psychiatrist.
- President Woodrow Wilson signs Federal Reserve Act into law
- The Federal Reserve Act is signed by US President Woodrow Wilson into law. It authorizes the Federal Reserve System and a set of Federal Reserve notes.
- The Federal Reserve is created by Woodrow Wilson.