Tuesday 23 December 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leo A and Hans Henkemans.
Claudine, directed by John Berry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1913 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Leo A: Ketelaars Dutch oratorio vocalist.
- Hans Henkemans: Dutch pianist, teacher, composer of classical music and psychiatrist.
- President Woodrow Wilson signs Federal Reserve Act into law
- The Federal Reserve Act is signed by US President Woodrow Wilson into law. It authorizes the Federal Reserve System and a set of Federal Reserve notes.
- The Federal Reserve is created by Woodrow Wilson.