Monday 1 December 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Martin .
Atlantis, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1913 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Mary Martin: American actress and singer who first sang "My Heart Belongs To Daddy" in the 1938 Broadway musical "Leave It To Me," followed by many musical hits.
- 1st drive-up gasoline station opens (Pittsburgh)
- Continuous moving assembly line introduced by Ford (car every 2 38).
- Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Buenos Aires Subway starts operating, it's the first underground railway system in the southern hemisphere and in Latin America
- The Ford Motor Company introduces the first moving assembly line.
- Crete, having obtained self rule from Turkey after the First Balkan War, is annexed by Greece.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- On the Old Front Porch - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Sailing Down the Chesapeake Bay - American Quartet