Monday 1 December 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Martin .
Atlantis, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1913 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Mary Martin: American actress and singer who first sang "My Heart Belongs To Daddy" in the 1938 Broadway musical "Leave It To Me," followed by many musical hits.
- 1st drive-up gasoline station opens (Pittsburgh)
- Continuous moving assembly line introduced by Ford (car every 2 38).
- Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Buenos Aires Subway starts operating, it's the first underground railway system in the southern hemisphere and in Latin America
- The Ford Motor Company introduces the first moving assembly line.
- Crete, having obtained self rule from Turkey after the First Balkan War, is annexed by Greece.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- On the Old Front Porch - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Sailing Down the Chesapeake Bay - American Quartet