Saturday 13 December 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Archie Moore (boxer) and Jimmy Carroll New York City.
The Battle of Shiloh, directed by Joseph Smiley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Judgment House by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1913 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Archie Moore (boxer)
- Jimmy Carroll New York City: New York, pianist (Most Important People).
- John Wyndham: Pope-Hennessy English art historian.
- Arnold Brown: English-Canadian missionary 11th General of The Salvation Army (d. 2002).
- Mona Lisa stolen in August 1911 returned to Louvre
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?