Saturday 19 December 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tankred Torst and Jimmy Dickens.
Lady Windermere's Fan, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1925 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jimmy Dickens: Bolt, West Virginia -- Country singer (Grand Ole Opry).
- Tankred Torst: Writer.
- Robert B Sherman: American songwriter.
- Robert Sherman in Manhattan: New York, USA; song writer ("The Bear Necessities", "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", "It's a Small World", Academy Awards for "Chim Chim Cher-ee" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", Grammy Awards), named Disney Legend 1990.
- Tankred Dorst: German author and playwright.
- William Schutz: American psychologist and academic (d. 2002).
- Robert Sherman: American songwriter and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Jose Ignacio Quinton: Composer, dies at 44.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?