Saturday 11 December 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Big Mama Thornton blues singer ("Ball and Chain" and Jean-Pierre Kahane.
The Cruise of the Jasper B, directed by James W. Horne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1926 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Big Mama Thornton blues singer ("Ball and Chain": "Stronger than Dirt").
- Jean-Pierre Kahane: French mathematician who was assistant professor, then professor of mathematics in Montpellier from 1954 to 1961.
- José Pares: American ballet dancer, choreographer.
- Big Thornton: American singer-songwriter (d. 1984).
- Josephine Baker goes up in Amsterdam
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Can't Get Over a Girl Like You (Loving a Boy Like Me) - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley
- When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra