Wednesday 23 December 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Guardino in New York City and Pierre Bérégovoy.
Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1925 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Harry Guardino in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Monty Nash, Perry Mason, Hill Street Blues).
- Pierre Bérégovoy: French economist.
- Albert Jacquard: French geneticist, researcher and essayist.
- Andrée Putman: French designer.
- Duncan Hallas: English author and politician (d. 2002).
- Rayner Unwin: British book publisher (Born 1925)
- Sultan Ibn Saud of Nedzjed conquers Djeddah.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?