Wednesday 23 December 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Bérégovoy and Albert Jacquard.
His Wooden Wedding, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1925 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Pierre Bérégovoy: French economist.
- Albert Jacquard: French geneticist, researcher and essayist.
- Andrée Putman: French designer.
- Harry Guardino in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Monty Nash, Perry Mason, Hill Street Blues).
- Duncan Hallas: English author and politician (d. 2002).
- Rayner Unwin: British book publisher (Born 1925).
- Sultan Ibn Saud of Nedzjed conquers Djeddah.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Brown Eyes, Why are You Blue? - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Alone at Last - Henry Burr
- Vernon Dalhart - The Death of Floyd Collins
- I'm Knee Deep in Daisies (And Head Over Heels in Love) - George Olsen & His Orchestra