Monday 21 December 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Kurtz and Jacques Demarny.
His Wooden Wedding, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1925 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Paul Kurtz: American scientist, editor of The Humanist and founding member of CSICOP (Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal) in the '70s, who claims to be a "critical thinker" but found to be rigidly biased in favor of censorship and suppressing any evidence that might be contrary to his personal bias.
- Jacques Demarny: French author and songwriter.
- Dottie Kamenshek: American physical therapist and baseball player with the All-American Girls' Professional Baseball League.
- Nicolas Vichney: Neuilly sur Seine Journalist.
- Olga Aroseva: Russian actress (d. 2013).
- Stork Hendry scores 325 for Victoria against New Zealand in cricket.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Brown Eyes, Why are You Blue? - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Alone at Last - Henry Burr
- Vernon Dalhart - The Death of Floyd Collins
- I'm Knee Deep in Daisies (And Head Over Heels in Love) - George Olsen & His Orchestra