Thursday 11 December 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie Windsor [Emily Marie Bertelson] and Doc Blanchard.
Janice Meredith, directed by E. Mason Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1924 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Marie Windsor [Emily Marie Bertelson]: Utah, United States -- Actress (Double Deal).
- Doc Blanchard: American pro athelete, a football player.
- Giovanni Salderini: Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest, Cardinal and Archbishop Emeritus of Turin, he has been the titular head of the Sacred Heart of Jesus of the Praetorian Barracks in Turin.
- Heinz Schenk: German show host and actor.
- Felix Blanchard: Bishopville sports Champions.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Song of Songs
- Some Other Day, Some Other Girl - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?